Friday, May 7, 2010

Never Cease Praying!

Yesterday was Our National Day of Prayer.  Did you pray?  I hope you did, God says, For where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst.  Matthew 18:20How many people does it take to make a church?  Just two according to this verse.  When a believer interacts with another, the spirit of God is present in that fellowship. God says to never cease praying, and it seems lately that I am constantly praying, when I wake up at night I'm praying, when I'm driving I'm praying, it's almost constant.  Don't get me wrong I still get angry and say things I shouldn't but I immediately catch myself and am constantly repenting and asking for forgiveness. Jesus taught us how to pray:   


Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed by Your name.
Your Kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,     
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.


God is Jesus' father.  When Jesus took our place on the cross and died for our sins, then by his shed blood we are able to call God our father, by adoption.  Awesome!!  I shamefully take for granted what Jesus actually did for me.  He gave up his life for me (and you) so we can have a chance to be forgiven and saved from hell.  It's up to us to make the decision, God doesn't force us to do what he wants, he gave us our own will to decide.
  My friend, I pray today you will prayerfully make the right decision.   Matthew 7:7-8 states:  Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  Again, Awesome!

I pray for you today to be strong in the spirit and hold steadfast to his word.  Hide Gods word in your heart.  Be safe and strong as you go out into the world to spread the good news of Jesus Love.  May God Bless and Keep You and May He Make His Face to Shine Upon You.  Amen.

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment