Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day!

Hello, May is the biggest birthday month for our family.  We have 5 in our immediate family.  Today is my Dad's B-day, Happy Birthday Dad!!  He is Awesome!!  The most awesome Christian dad ever!!  I always remember him studying his bible every night before bedtime.  My mom would come in and pray with my sister and I.  I have to admit I have not been as good with my children.  I used to pray with Cody, almost 17, but when Billy came along I stopped.  I feel so bad for that.  I have been trying to pray with Billy(7) each night, but sometimes we fall asleep.  I used to worry because when I would say my prayers at night, I would fall asleep in the middle.  My mom said maybe God was giving me peace to fall asleep.  
Lately, I have been praying non-stop.  I wake up at night and find myself praying, all during the day, I find myself praying.  I know this sounds great, but the more I want to be closer to God the worse I act and talk.  I constantly feel guilty for the things I say and think, I am constantly repenting and asking for forgiveness.  I read a book several years ago, and recently found it and have been reading it again, The Blood and the Glory, by Billye Brim.  This is an amazing book about how important it is to Plead the Blood of Jesus over your family, home, cars and trucks, work places, schools, etc.  I used to do this every morning on the way to school, but like I said I stopped when Billy came along, I don't know why, just forgot I guess.  I have started doing this again.  Cody has been through so much this year I greatly regret not doing this for him, I feel as though I have let him down.  It's never too late to start.  
I love and crave learning about the end time events, I always have.  It's so interesting and exciting!!  Three of my favorite ministers on this subject are- Billye Brim, David Jeremiah and Cheryl Salem.  
Lord, I pray today you would make me crave your word, to  walk and talk with you like a best friend.  I praise and worship you.  I pray for wisdom and strength to fulfill what you would have me do.  I plead the blood of Jesus over  my family and my home, in Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment